Lalita day 7: Tvarita: Nitya of Swiftness
Om Tvaritayai Namaha
Sun: 6 Cancer
Moon: 27 Virgo, 81 degrees from Sun, First Quarter Moon
Inner Moon: days 8-14, follicular/proliferation
The warrior experiencing tension between self and group. Concerned with justice in the organizations and groups. Relates with vernal equinox and Ostara/Easter. In tantra yoga, this is the descending in-breath (prana-vayu) from third-eye to the soft palate, relates with midday and the element is fire. In the hero’s journey, we are taking inspired action, feeling tension and resistance in group efforts, wanting to differentiate. Feeling strong and empowered to cross initiation threshold. Blazing new trails which could become new systems for society. First quarter Moon relates with follicular and proliferation hormones, building up of estrogen, uterine walls thickening, eggs maturing. This phase of lunar cycle can be powerful and exciting. Use it for courtship, dates night, seduction, and rituals that focus on building and growing. Use foods that nurture and support. Warm and comforting foods like root vegetables and curry spices.
Moon in Libra corresponds with kidneys. Kidney function is a balance of yin and yang. Read here to learn more. Here is a recipe to nourish your kidneys. If you are a kidney patient, ask your doctor before using nettles.
- 2 TBLS rosehips, simmered until soft.
- Handful of nettle leaf in a quart size mason jar.
- Let rosehips cool a little.
- Combine rosehips simmer water to nettles jar.
- Let infuse between 1-8 hours.
- Sweeten with date syrup.
Nourish kidneys with black or dark foods like black sesame seeds, black walnuts and black beans. Also seaweeds.
Moon in libra:
What a wonderful day when Moon, Venus and Saturn align in 3 way 120° triangle, trine. This is the most harmonious aspect, easy and graceful. Moon: healer, soul comfort, keeper of watery womb wisdom. Venus/Isis: Queen of regeneration, pleasure, love, abundance. Saturn/Sobek: King of time, structure and form. This alignment speaks to regeneration of power to build pleasurable and sustainable structures. Doesn’t have to happen today, but the idea conceived can be implanted in the womb of your heart and nurtured until the time of fruition. Great day for planting seeds. Sun Moon squaring up today challenge between longing/wishes and our power to act. Feel both, Lunar dreams and Solar power. What do they want in relationship with each other?
Astrology info to consider:
A story unfolding between Mercury rx, Vesta and Sun… how does your inner flame receive information and speak it into existence? What are your words of power?
Pluto/Jupiter will be exact by 30th but we feeling them strong now. Stay open for both the highs and lows of this initiation.
Libra turns I into We every time. Libra understands the wisdom of our interconnectedness and rules over our longing for beauty, harmony and equality. Tonight dedicate you ritual to another person or a group of people. Let your intention be for them to experience beauty, peace and harmony in their life.
- Create sacred space at your altar, breathing into your body, call in the harmonious and co-creative energy of Libra, ask your spirit guides to support you in your practice.
- Breath into your current space and time, notice how you are feeling and welcome this feeling as you would welcome a dear friend with acceptance and respect. Take time to tend to your current state by journaling, stretching, and being still. Recognize the beauty that it is to feel anything at all, feelings are a gift of our human experience, honoring your feelings creates a condition of harmony within.
- Now that you have given time for yourself to arrive in harmony and beauty in this present moment, shift your attention to someone else or a group of people you are in relationship with. This may be a person/people who you are in close relation with or a person/people that you do not know very well, we are all connected and in relationship to some degree.
- Center your awareness in your heart space and begin to expand your intentions from here. Send well wishes. Say silently or out loud… “May you experience harmony, peace and beauty.” If you are a visual person you can imagine these wishes traveling in the form of light to the person(s) you intend to receive them. Continue sending this note of healing intention outwards until you feel complete.
- Notice your expanded field of harmony and beauty, acknowledge that the state of your being effects those around you as the state of those around you effects you. When we all show up for one another, we all benefit beautifully.
- Take time to reflect in your journal.
- Also see this Loving-Kindness Meditation which is one of my favorites if you would enjoy a guided meditation tonight.
Conclude in Gratitude.
Here’s a fun reality check for waking life:
Get a blank card and write, “Is this a dream?” Keep it where you can see it and make it a habit to look at it frequently, maybe every few hours. Every time you look at it, look twice in a row. On the second glance, if the letters are not the same or look different in any way, you are probably dreaming. You can answer by saying, “I am dreaming.” But stay calm so you don’t wake yourself up.
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s follicular/proliferation phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.