Lalita day 3: Bherunda: Nitya of Ferocity
Om Bherundayai Namaha
Sun: 2 Cancer
Moon: 2 Leo, 30 degrees from Sun, New Moon
Inner Moon: transition between bleeding and follicular/proliferation
Individuality. Going extreme, leaping out, feeling a strong desire for manifesting those new Moon intentions. Feeling an extreme sense of hunger for our mission and divine guidance. Developing awareness of spiritual and sexual identity. This phase relates with Imbolc/Candlemas. In tantra yoga, this is somachara, descending course of Moon, in-breath (prana-vayu) from crown to the third-eye, relates with last quarter of daylight and the element is air. In the hero’s journey this phase is where we are feeling our desires, sensing into the intentions and meet a mentor in human, plant, animal or other than human form. In the menstrual cycle, this phase is transitional including bleeding and the building up of the uterine nest in the follicular/proliferation phase. Use clean, easy to digest food.
Heart, aorta, blood pressure, blood circulation.
Blood cleansing pesto:
- Organic basil, 2 handfuls
- Organic garlic 2-3 cloves
- 3 small brocolli crowns (handful)
- 1 avocado
- Half lime juice
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
Blend in a blender and add lime and salt to taste. This pesto is a delicious way to purify the blood on the last day of Leo Moon for this cycle. Can use as a dip, to top rice and beans (my favorite) or anything you can think of. It’s actually really hard not to to eat it on it’s own. Enjoy!
Moon in Leo:
Moon moves into self-loving Leo, feeling eager to be seen and heard. Only 30°from Sun, still in new phase of 6th Moon cycle. In perfect opposition with Saturn, we see the structural changes we need to make and feel pressure to do them well. Good day for making plans, correcting and finishing what you’ve started and getting shit done.
Astrology info to consider:
Mercury rx increase sensitivity to matters of the heart. Feel like crying at the beauty of our current social fuckery? Are you mentally aware of how painful, powerful, breathtakingly beautiful this is?
Venus/Saturn beautification of structures and forms.
Over this week, Cancer Sun squaring up with Chiron, the alchemist healer. Illumination of wound/medicine. The things you hide and despise about yourself are usually the key to your healing and becoming whole self. Notice when you feel like hiding something and do your best to bring it to the surface and love yourself even more. Are the people around you willing to love this part of you? Only one way to find out. If they are not willing or able to love your shadows, do you still want to engage with them? Further repression is not an option.
Moon in big hearted Leo tonight, we are still feeling the new moon phase but now are shifting towards the waxing crescent. A sliver of moonlight returns to the night sky and we begin to grow and manifest our new moon seeds.
- Grab your journal and create sacred space, breath all your awareness into the present moment and arrive here with gratitude for the gift of this moment.
- Call in the warm, self-loving energy of Leo and call on your Spirit guides to support you here.
- Inspired by Cancer season, write about nourishing and supportive actions you can make a regular habit out of ritualizing this month.
- What nourishes you daily?
- What makes you feel emotionally supported and taken care of?
- Inspired by Leo Moon, write a list of things you love about yourself…
- What is most beautiful about you?
- What do you feel others love about you the most?
- Inspired by Chiron square Sun, write about your care wounding…
- What about yourself do you feel like you need to hide from other?
- How can you better love this part of yourself?
- Now return to that list of affirmation statements you wrote last night(the I am, I choose, & I feel statements). Read the ones that your circled out loud. After you read them out loud pause to observe how this statements resonates in your body and mind. Choose one or two statement to commit to working with through out this lunar cycle. Write it down and stick it somewhere that you will be reminded to read it a loud ever day!
- Conclude with gratitude. Take time to write a list of everything you are grateful for today and send heart felt mental notes of gratitude to Moon and your spirit guides for supporting you here.
Everyone dreams. You can remember your dreams by deciding tonight that you want to. Once you get better at remembering your dreams, you can start waking up in your dreams and practice lucid dreaming. Becoming aware of the content of your consciousness improves your sense of purpose, courage, and authenticity in being who you are. If you haven’t been practicing these dream tips, this is your invitation.
- Get a journal, title it “Dream Journal.”
- Place it within arm reach of your bed.
- Place a light source and pencil near the journal.
- Write tonight’s date and a topic you’d like to explore in dreams.
- Leave the journal open to this page and intend or command to remember the dreams.
Tomorrow, I’ll cover some more ways the ancients used lucid dreaming for spiritual self-mastery and to move through life and death with awareness.
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s bleeding phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.