Kali day 10: Nila: Nitya of Contemplation
Om Nilayai Namaha
Sun: 25 Gemini
Moon: 21 Aries, 304 degrees from Sun, Last Quarter Moon
Inner Moon: days 22-28, Luteal
The wise elder sensing the smell of ending and learning to gracefully let go and go home. Sense of longing. The bitter sweetness of knowing the necessity of ending and becoming acutely aware of death that permeates all of life. This phase relates with the autumnal equinox and Mabon. In tantra yoga, this is suryachara, ascending course of Sun with the out-breath moving upward from throat to soft palette. Relates with midday and the element is fire. In the hero’s journey, this is the phase is where we cross the return threshold. We feel freedom and courage to explore more of our humanity. In the menstrual cycle, this is luteal phase. Like the Luteal phase in inner Moon cycle, Balsamic Moon vibe is fierce, direct, got no time for BS. Get to the point. Be real. Show yourself. If pregnancy occurred, progesterone will remain high and increasing. If no pregnancy, it drops. We feel inflamed, irritated and things that need to change are made more than obvious and we have the energy to make necessary changes. Good time for moving or other big changes that require strength. If pregnancy occurred, progesterone will remain high and increasing. If no pregnancy, it drops. We feel inflamed, irritated and things that need to change are made more than obvious. Good time for moving or other big changes that require strength. Use foods that Use foods that are light, cooling, and inflammation reducing.
Moon in Aries:
Moon in Aries all day and night making challenging 90°aspects with Pluto/Jupiter rx and asteroid PallasAthena. We may feel instigated, triggered, turned on, excited, ready to take actions around Pluto and Jupiter topics.
Astrology info to consider:
This week ends with Sun entering Cancer/Summer Solstice, >9 hours later, new Moon in Cancer and a solar eclipse, not visible in US. The trend is surrender, rebirth, transformation, new beginnings in nurturing/protecting home land and loved ones.
Sun aligning with North node, evolutionary path illuminated. Seeing clearly the fire of desire and the effort you’ll put in to manifest that. In Gemini, magic is at play! Limitless potential ♊
Disseminating moon in Aries tonight, under this moon phase we are integrating the wisdom received during this lunar cycle. What will you do with the wisdom you’ve gained in Gemini season? The Aries moon can bring the spark of bravery to share your wisdom with others, to become a way shower. Tonight take time to reflect on the ways you have been moving through life this past month, acknowledging all your experiences and lessons.
- Create sacred space by lighting a candle on your altar, call in the fierce and brave energy of Aries and call on your spirit guides to support you here.
- Practice candle gazing for 5 minutes or so, fixing your gaze on the flame, imagine the flame incinerating all mental chatter, leaving you with clarity and peace of mind.
- In your journal reflect on the most impactful moments and/or experiences of this lunar cycle so far, out of all this event can you notice a common thread?
- What does being a way shower mean to you?
- Who is your life right now do you consider to be a way shower?
- What way of life do you wish to show others?
- What is one action you can take to make today day-one of being a way shower?
- Often it can be intimidating to show or share what feels so personal to us but when we share our stories we invite others to do the same, we become a way shower of story telling. When we show our scars we remind others that healing is possible, when we sharing how we healed our wounds we become a way shower of healing.
Conclude with gratitude.
Dream induction: Practice these when your body is completely relaxed, the room is dark but you are not too mentally tired.
- Do your nightly routines for cleansing and closure.
- Have your dream journal and pencil staged and ready to receive a dream.
- Practice tracking events of your day from now backwards.
- Rub your hands together and lightly cup them over your closed eyes.
- Relax your mind while holding a thread of awareness.
- When thoughts arise, notice but do not engage them.
Shapes and colors will start to appear behind your closed eyes. Using the thread of awareness you’re holding, engage with the images. Decide what you want to see and start shifting the images into that. My hypnagogia starts off random and blob-like then slowly turns into refined geometric shapes. I imagine seeing triangles and the images shift into triangles. Keep shifting the images until your dreaming mind steps in. This technique is called WILD, wake induced lucid dreaming. You essentially dream yourself to sleep. The more you practice, the more lucid your experience becomes. The point of all this is to increase your awareness and mastery of your mind.
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s luteal phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.