Kali day 9: Dipa: Nitya of Illumination
Om Dipayai Namaha
Sun: 24 Gemini
Moon: 09 Aries, 285 degrees from Sun, Last Quarter Moon
Inner Moon: days 22-28, Luteal
The wise elder sensing the smell of ending and learning to gracefully let go and go home. Sense of longing. The bitter sweetness of knowing the necessity of ending and becoming acutely aware of death that permeates all of life. This phase relates with the autumnal equinox and Mabon. In tantra yoga, this is suryachara, ascending course of Sun with the out-breath moving upward from throat to soft palette. Relates with midday and the element is fire. In the hero’s journey, this is the phase is where we cross the return threshold. We feel freedom and courage to explore more of our humanity. In the menstrual cycle, this is luteal phase. Like the Luteal phase in inner Moon cycle, Balsamic Moon vibe is fierce, direct, got no time for BS. Get to the point. Be real. Show yourself. If pregnancy occurred, progesterone will remain high and increasing. If no pregnancy, it drops. We feel inflamed, irritated and things that need to change are made more than obvious and we have the energy to make necessary changes. Good time for moving or other big changes that require strength. If pregnancy occurred, progesterone will remain high and increasing. If no pregnancy, it drops. We feel inflamed, irritated and things that need to change are made more than obvious. Good time for moving or other big changes that require strength. Use foods that Use foods that are light, cooling, and inflammation reducing.
Aries Moon relates with head, teeth, tongue, arteries. Element is Fire. In the luteal phase of Moon cycle, we are more irritated, irritable and hot tempered. Are you feeling bloated? Retaining water, emotions, or pulling energy inwards? Moon in Aries wants to be active and sweaty. If you can sweat, do that! Refresh your fluids with celery juice. I’ve been adding green apples and a little ginger to my celery juice while Moon was in Aries. Fire in the blood needs action and refreshening. Your body does this, but it’s better with conscious effort on your part.
Moon in Aries:
Moon in Aries with Chiron today. Aries is the warrior, protector, culture bearer creating a culture of justice. Chiron is the alchemist weaving all parts together, wholeness. Wounded warriors make medicine from their wounds and continue to do their work.
Astrology info to consider:
Mercury retrograde starts on 17th at 14° Cancer. What’s on your chart in that area? That’s where your perception will be getting worked on.
Venus retrograde ends close to 120° easy flow of energy with Saturn. Limitless potential in relationships with lovers, money, creative art (♀️♊) helped by ability to innovate, build structure and form.
Sun in creative, pattern breaking Gemini for 6 more days before transitioning into Cancer. Approaching North node, realizing a clear path towards progress. What is coming up for you? Cross roads moments? What are you choosing?
Disseminating moon in Aries tonight, under this moon phase we are integrating the wisdom received during this lunar cycle. What will you do with the wisdom you’ve gained? The Aries moon can bring the spark of bravery to share your wisdom with others. Tonight take time to reflect on the big picture of what you’ve been orbiting around this past month and acknowledge your experiences as teachers.
- Create sacred space by lighting a candle on your altar, call in the fierce and brave energy of Aries and call on your spirit guides to support you here.
- Practice candle gazing for 5 minutes or so, fixing your gaze on the flame, imagine the flame incinerating all mental chatter, leaving you with clarity and peace of mind.
- In your journal reflect on the most impactful moments and/or experiences of this lunar cycle so far, out of all this event can you notice a common thread? What have you been learning this month? And how does that relate to the intentions you set for this lunar cycle on the New Moon?
- Becoming clear on the wisdom you are integrating now and decide how you can share this wisdom, you might want to share publicly or with a close friend. Define the intention behind your sharing. Often it can be intimidating to share what feels so personal to us but when we share our stories we invite others to do the same. When we show our scars we remind others that healing is possible.
- Take one action toward sharing a personal story or lesson of growth and gained wisdom.
- Conclude in gratitude.
Dreams are a living bridge between the worlds of conscious mind and the unconscious, yet to be revealed consciousness. These two parts need each other for our wholeness.
Gap time: times when you are not actively engaged with life. What do you do? Check IG, email, scroll the internet? To bridge the gap between conscious mind and yet to be revealed conscious mind, use your gap time to:
- Remind yourself of your intentions to become more aware of dreams.
- Look at symbolic meanings in day-to-day reality.
- Contemplate dreams you’ve received.
- Day dream …
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s luteal phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.