Lalita day 5: Vajreshvari: Nitya of the Thunderbolt
Om Vajreshvariyai Namaha
Sun: 4 Cancer
Moon: 29 Leo, 55 degrees from Sun, Waxing Crescent Moon
Inner Moon: transition between bleeding and follicular/proliferation
Individuality. Going extreme, leaping out, feeling a strong desire for manifesting those new Moon intentions. Feeling an extreme sense of hunger for our mission and divine guidance. Developing awareness of spiritual and sexual identity. This phase relates with Imbolc/Candlemas. In tantra yoga, this is somachara, descending course of Moon, in-breath (prana-vayu) from crown to the third-eye, relates with last quarter of daylight and the element is air. In the hero’s journey this phase is where we are feeling our desires, sensing into the intentions and meet a mentor in human, plant, animal or other than human form. In the menstrual cycle, this phase is transitional including bleeding and the building up of the uterine nest in the follicular/proliferation phase. Use clean, easy to digest food.
Virgo Layered Enchiladas:
- 8 Peruvian or Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 Brocolli heads
- 1 can of mushroom or chicken cream soup
- 16 oz sour cream
- 4 oz green chilli
- 12 Corn tortillas
- Raw or vegan cheese
- Olive oil
- 10×13 casserole oven pan
Fry potatoes in earth balance or ghee. Add in brocolli and cook lightly. Mix soup, sour cream, and green chilis in a big bowl. Lightly oil casserole pan.
- Cover the bottom with a layer of corn tortillas.
- Spread a layer of soup/sour cream mix.
- Spread a layer of vegetables.
- Spread a layer of cheese.
Do 3-5 layers like this. Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until top layer of cheese is browning.
Moon in Virgo:
Moon in Virgo where we practice self-assessment and discrimination. Feeling and thinking about how to apply our skills in ways that serve others and share our love through work. Moon making a 120° trine with Uranus today which encourages radical freedom, lightening to the heart which inspires chang
Astrology info to consider:
Sun in Cancer where we feel our emotional truth and focus is on homelife and family. “What does home mean to me? How can I create my ideal home?” Coming into a 90° challenging angle with Chiron, wounding around “home” and security is coming up. Work through what comes up.
Saturn/Venus making love structures.
Pluto/Jupiter diving deep and reaching higher.
Moon in ritualistic Virgo tonight, we are now under the waxing crescent, a growing sliver of moonlight in the night sky and our new moon seeds begin to take root. Virgo is dedicated to the Divine details and finding the sacred in the mundane. Virgo is driven by service and feels most fulfilled when in service to someone or something. For tonight’s ritual be in service to yourself first and then sit with current energy to observe how you can be of service to others.
- Create sacred space, breath all your awareness into the present moment and arrive here with gratitude for the gift of this moment.
- Call in the practical, grounded energy of Virgo and call on your Spirit guides to support you here.
- Prepare yourself a cup of tea as you would prepare tea for your beloved, serve yourself this cup of teas as you would serve the Divine.
- Inspired by Cancer season, we have been writing about nourishing and supportive actions you can make a regular habit out of ritualizing this month. What did you do today to nourish yourself? Can you add another nourishing activity to your night tonight?
- Inspired by Moon in Virgo, reflect on ways you love to service.
- How do you love to be served by others?
- How do you love to serve others?
- When do you find joy through service?
- How can you be of service to others in your immediate community this week?
- Conclude with gratitude. Wrap your arms around yourself, embracing yourself in a warm hug. Take time feel everything you are grateful for today and send heart felt mental notes of gratitude to Moon and your spirit guides for supporting you.
Nutrition and dreams:
Of all your wellness and health habits, nutrition is the saving grace. For dream recall and increased vividness, make sure you’re getting B vitamins, especially B6 and B12. My favorite foods for this are leafy greens, sprouted sunflower seeds and nutritional yeast.
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s transition between bleeding and follicular/proliferation phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.