Kali day 1: Kali: Nitya of Emotions
Om Kalikayai Namaha
Sun: 14 Cancer
Moon: 20 Capricorn, 187 degrees from Sun, Full Moon
Inner Moon: days 15-21, ovulation
The healer, artist. Our humanity shines bright and the desire to connect with the resonate polarity is strong. Artistic and creative expressions are made manifest during full Moon phase. This is the polarity of our solar and lunar nature in orgasmic celebration and peak fertility during full Moon phase. In tantra yoga, this is the union of Moon and Sun, in and out-breath at the heart, breath pause kumbhaka. Relates with dawn and the element is earth. In the hero’s journey, this is the sacred Marriage of resonate polarities, between the archetypes of Sun/Moon. In the menstrual cycle, this phase is ovulation. The egg is released from ovary into fallopian tubes and the possibility of fertilization is greatest. Metaphysically, this is when we fertilize our creations with thought seeds and manifestation rituals have the greatest potential. The prime hormone for this phase is estrogen which stimulates luteinizing hormone which stimulates the release of the egg. This is also the peak of testosterone in the cycle so we see a lot of hormonal stimulation at full Moon phase. The full Moon phase is about 72 hours, which also coincides closely to the time from onset of ovulation where fertilization is possible. Orgasm, ovulation, the moment of truth, polarity connection, endorphin high. Use foods that are packed with flavor, colorful, juicy and nutrient dense.
Moon in Capricorn:
It’s Cancer season so your people are extra sensitive. #bekind
Powerful day with Moon hitting Jupiter, Pluto and Saturn trekking through Capricorn mysteries. Right after the full Moon eclipse, topics are around purpose, leadership, laws/rules, authority, contracts, sustainability and organizational structure. How are you standing up as the authority figure in your life? Are you listening to and taking feedback from the people you lead? What are you destroying/contracting so that you can create/expand?
Astrology info to consider:
Sun and Vesta working together, energizing what is sacred and showing us how to use our gifts in service to humanity.
Mars and Chiron building up to a conjunction in firey Aries and wounds become weapons or tools for the cause, serving justice. 90° angle forming with Mercury rx, assertive communication around our wounds can easily be misunderstood and lead to battles. Don’t waste your “fighting” energy unnecessarily.
Still under the glow of a Capricorn Full Moon, tonight Moon joins the super powers of Jupiter, Pluto, Athena and Saturn Retrograding near by. With so much energy is the heavily grounded sign of Capricorn we could be feeling weighted, yet on the other side of the Full Moon peak we feel a lightness. Sit with the opposite feeling of heaviness and weightlessness, what does it feel like for these two to exist simultaneously? Tonight’s ritual is the same as last nights… but this moment is brand new, release exceptions built from past experience and welcome a fresh perspective.
- If available… step out side to be under the full moon for tonight’s ritual. Bring with you items to make an altar. A cloth you can place on the ground, a candle, your journal, and sacred items like a smudge bundle or crystals that you might want to leave out over night to gather moon light.
- Create sacred space, call in the energy of Capricorn imagining the circle of wise grandmothers around you. Call in your Spirit guides to support you here.
- Feel the stable support of the Earth beneath you and ground your awareness into your body. Imagine the base of your spine opening and tapping into the Earth like roots, feel love & gratitude flowing from your heart to the ground and support and nourishment rising back from the Earth to you.
- Envisioning the light of the vast cosmos and Full Moon shining down on you pouring in through the crown of your head. Filling your entire being with light.
- Tune into this feeling of sitting on Earth beneath the night sky as the most ancient ritual. Imagine the whole lineage of those who walked this Earth before you doing exactly this, sitting on Earth and connecting with Moon.
- Reflect in your journal:
- What is being illuminated to you around your Capricorn/Cancer material(work/home, practical support systems/emotional support systems, learned wisdom/innate intuition)?
- What are you realizing you need to unlearn and relearn?
- What keeps you from accessing and fueling your sacred work daily?
- What are you releasing now?
- Put full trust in the earth to support you, know that the earth is prepared to take what you are releasing and turn it into fertile soil for you, like magic she transforms death into life again. Trust this process. Speak aloud to the earth and or carve into the ground with your fingers, being clear about that which you are releasing now. In case there is anything you are not fully aware of add: “Please take anything that is no longer serving my highest potential for growth.”
- Now to physically release this Perhaps you feel called to burn or bury an item that represents what you are releasing. Follow your urges.
- When you are finished with this releasing process sit with how you are feeling, be present with whatever feelings arise now. Following these feelings into the next part of your ritual, maybe you long for a warm tea or a warm cleansing bath or your warm bed. Intentionally move to what feels good for you now.
- Conclude in Gratitude, sending gratitude to your circle of grandmothers and wisdom keeper, sending gratitude to Earth below and Sky above, sending gratitude to Moon and wrapping yourself on this same gratitude.
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s ovulation phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.