Lalita day 14: Chitra: Nitya of Iridescence
Om Chitrayai Namaha
Sun: 13 Cancer
Moon: 13 Capricorn, 180 degrees from Sun, Full Moon exact at 9:44pm
Inner Moon: ovulation
The healer, artist. Our humanity shines bright and the desire to connect with the resonate polarity is strong. Artistic and creative expressions are made manifest during full Moon phase. This is the polarity of our solar and lunar nature in orgasmic celebration and peak fertility during full Moon phase. In tantra yoga, this is the union of Moon and Sun, in and out-breath at the heart, breath pause kumbhaka. Relates with dawn and the element is earth. In the hero’s journey, this is the sacred Marriage of resonate polarities, between the archetypes of Sun/Moon. In the menstrual cycle, this phase is ovulation. The egg is released from ovary into fallopian tubes and the possibility of ferritization is greatest. Metaphysically, this is when we fertilize our creations with thought seeds and manifestation rituals have the greatest potential. The prime hormone for this phase is estrogen which stimulates luteinizing hormone which stimulates the release of the egg. This is also the peak of testosterone in the cycle so we see a lot of hormonal stimulation at full Moon phase. The full Moon phase is about 72 hours, which also coincides closely to the time from onset of ovulation where fertilization is possible. Orgasm, ovulation, the moment of truth, polarity connection, endorphin high. Use foods that are packed with flavor, colorful, juicy and nutrient dense.
Moon in Capricorn:
Happy Saturn day, full Moon eclipse in Capricorn. This Moon highlights the wisdom keepers, circle of Grandmothers, and the elders of our global community who we respect for their perseverance, sustainability, and commitment to being a leader. #Capricorn any leaders who aren’t behaving in true Capricorn power will not remain in power. Eclipse in Capricorn brings power surge or outage around topics of foundations, business, home/family, government, large systems. Take care of bones, teeth, skin, hair, muscles and tendons today.
Astrology info to consider:
Vesta with Sun at the time of full Moon eclipse brings a surge of power to the sacred flame of commitment to our soul’s work, what we really came to Earth to do.
Uranus sextile to Sun at eclipse full Moon, flirty fun disruption of Cancer things: emotions, family, women and children, nurturing.
Uranus at a close 120° trine, I’m expecting a kind of earthquake to shake up any foundation built on lies or systems that aren’t living up to the true meaning of Capricorn wisdom and sustainability.
Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn Ritual
- If available… step out side to be under the full moon for tonight’s ritual. Bring with you items to make an altar. A cloth you can place on the ground, a candle, your journal, and sacred items like a smudge bundle or crystals that you might want to leave out over night to gather moon light.
- Create sacred space, call in the energy of Capricorn imagining the circle of wise grandmothers around you. Call in your Spirit guides to support you here.
- Feel the stable support of the Earth beneath you and ground your awareness into your body. Imagine the base of your spine opening and tapping into the Earth like roots, feel love & gratitude flowing from your heart to the ground and support and nourishment rising back from the Earth to you.
- Envisioning the light of the vast cosmos and Full Moon shining down on you pouring in through the crown of your head. Filling your entire being with light.
- Tune into this feeling of sitting on Earth beneath the night sky as the most ancient ritual. Imagine the whole lineage of those who walked this Earth before you doing exactly this, sitting on Earth and connecting with Moon.
- Reflect in your journal:
- What is being illuminated to you around your Capricorn/Cancer material(work/home, practical support systems/emotional support systems, learned wisdom/innate intuition)?
- What are you realizing you need to unlearn and relearn?
- What keeps you from accessing and fueling your sacred work daily?
- What are you releasing now?
- Put full trust in the earth to support you, know that the earth is prepared to take what you are releasing and turn it into fertile soil for you, like magic she transforms death into life again. Trust this process. Speak aloud to the earth and or carve into the ground with your fingers, being clear about that which you are releasing now. In case there is anything you are not fully aware of add: “Please take anything that is no longer serving my highest potential for growth.”
- Now to physically release this Perhaps you feel called to burn or bury an item that represents what you are releasing. Follow your urges.
- When you are finished with this releasing process sit with how you are feeling, be present with whatever feelings arise now. Following these feelings into the next part of your ritual, maybe you long for a warm tea or a warm cleansing bath or your warm bed. Intentionally move to what feels good for you now.
- Conclude in Gratitude, sending gratitude to your circle of grandmothers and wisdom keeper, sending gratitude to Earth below and Sky above, sending gratitude to Moon and wrapping yourself on this same gratitude.
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s ovulation phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.