Kali day 5: Virodhini: Nitya of Self-Acceptance
Om Virodhinyai Namaha
Sun: 20 Gemini
Moon: 21 Aquarius, 241 degrees from Sun, Disseminating/Waning Crescent Moon
Inner Moon: transition between ovulation and luteal phase
The Shaman doing the deep inner work of acceptance and surrender. We sense into and through the chaos and crave liberation for self and others. We attune to the mysteries of life cycles, death and rebirth. We lose our sense of self-importance. This phase relates with Lammas. In tantra yoga, this starts surychara, ascending course of the Sun with the out-breath moving upward from heart to throat. Relates with first quarter of the day (morning) and the element is water. In the hero’s journey, this is the return journey. We are feeling gratitude for survival and ready to integrate the gifts from the journey. In the menstrual cycle, this is transition between the high of ovulation and the hormonal shifts of luteal phase.
Nervous system health requires B12 and minerals, potassium and calcium. If you are on a plant based diet, B12 can be tricky since it is mostly found in animal sources. You may need to supplement with vitamin. Increasing your B12 intake also helps with dream recall by way of soothing your nervous system. In conjunction with minerals, whole foods sources of potassium, calcium, and B12 your nervous system will have greater potential for maximum efficiency.
Moon in Aquarius:
Moon in cosmic, intellectual Aquarius tonight in harmonious aspect with the North Node in curious, playful Gemini. Tonight’s moon vibe is wired and electric, tending to your nervous system will be the focus of tonights ritual.
- Begin by connecting with the vast and unbound comic energy of Aquarius, create sacred space in a cozy area where you can lay down and relax, ask your spirit guides to support you.
- The vagus nerve is the biggest never in your body and extends from the brainstem to the small intestine. When you get that gut feeling about something, this is your vagus nerve talking to you. There are many ways to sooth your nervous system but one sure and simple way to stimulate your vagus nerve and activate you parasympathetic nervous system is through slow, deep belly breathing and humming. Adding the hum to your deep breathing will create a soothing vibration that signals safety to your body mind.
- Begin with a few audible sighs on your exhale to empty the lungs of any stagnant air that may be hanging out in the lungs. Continue with full, deep inhales… focus on feeling your belly and ribs expand as you breath in until you feel really full. On your exhale through your nose HUM, feel the hum in your throat and chest, the same sound you’d make if you just tasted something delicious “mmmmmmm!” Use the full capacity of your exhale to create the humming sound. This technique is also know in Yoga as Bhramari Pranayama, Bee Breath. Practice with eyes closed, try covering your eyes with your hands or if you are laying down use an eye pillow or cloth over your eyes. Try a few rounds with your ears plugged with your hands and notice how this intensifies the internal vibration of your hum.
- Continue in your journal, working with the same journal prompts from last night…
- What have you been working on this moon cycle?
- Where are you at with the intentions you set in the beginning of this cycle?
- What has been coming up for you around Venus material? (human love, desire, worth, value, relationships, ect.)
Conclude with gratitude.
Have you ever tried to meet up with someone in the astral plane? My brother and I use to try this and other dream techniques when we were kids. Since then, I’ve learned this is an actual thing! The chances are better when you are an experienced conscious dreamer but totally fun and worth the effort. Technique:
Talk with the person you want to meet and discuss the reason and boundaries for meeting. Never do this technique without permission. It’s just creepy. Do your nightly dream routine and practice body relaxation while keeping mind loosely aware. Affirm your intentions of meeting your dream buddy.
Body more and more relaxed while your dream self climbs a rope upward. There will be this popping feeling, like you’ve popped through a bubble. Re affirm your intentions of meeting your dream buddy and ask/tell the energy to take you to them. It’s easy to get distracted and follow other beings you meet there. Stay the course. Happy dreaming!
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s transitions between ovulation and luteal phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.