Kali day 2: Kapalini: Nitya of Skulls
Om Kapaliniyai Namaha
Sun: 17 Gemini
Moon: 11 Capricorn, 204 degrees from Sun, Full Moon
Inner Moon: days 15-21, ovulation
The healer, artist. Our humanity shines bright and the desire to connect with the resonate polarity is strong. Artistic and creative expressions are made manifest during full Moon phase. This is the polarity of our solar and lunar nature in orgasmic celebration and peak fertility during full Moon phase. In tantra yoga, this is the union of Moon and Sun, in and out-breath at the heart, breath pause kumbhaka. Relates with dawn and the element is earth. In the hero’s journey, this is the sacred Marriage of resonate polarities, between the archetypes of Sun/Moon. In the menstrual cycle, this phase is ovulation. The egg is released from ovary into fallopian tubes and the possibility of fertilization is greatest. Metaphysically, this is when we fertilize our creations with thought seeds and manifestation rituals have the greatest potential. The prime hormone for this phase is estrogen which stimulates luteinizing hormone which stimulates the release of the egg. This is also the peak of testosterone in the cycle so we see a lot of hormonal stimulation at full Moon phase. The full Moon phase is about 72 hours, which also coincides closely to the time from onset of ovulation where fertilization is possible. Orgasm, ovulation, the moment of truth, polarity connection, endorphin high. Use foods that are packed with flavor, colorful, juicy and nutrient dense.
Moon in Capricorn relates with backbone, knees, joints, hair, bones, teeth, nails. Capricorn is our structure. Physical and invisible structures like rules that govern our life. Roots relate with Capricorn. For tonight’s nutrition suggestion, we work with roots and bark in a decoction. As you add plants and water to pot, give thanks and respect to your blood, bones and ancestors that made you possible.
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp burdock root
- 1 tbsp ginger
Boil all plants in 1 quart of water for about 20 minutes. Cover. Cool a little and pour into glass jar with lid. You can drink it with honey as tea like this, or let it sit for up to 8 hours and drink it later.
Moon in Capricorn:
Moon in Capricorn affecting many things today and tomorrow. Moon opposite Mercury, we hear, re cognize, understand something deeper about Capricorn structure and the need for perfect law and order. Why/How do you contain and govern yourself? Ask for information on better ways to do your Capricorn work. Your work will be reflected in the collective. Moving into same degree as Pluto rx and Jupiter rx by tomorrow morning, the mood will be growing into that today.
Moon/Uranus gracefully aligned for inner shapeshifting, mood swings that shake up your rigidity.
Astrology info to consider:
Sun and Mars traveling with their 90°fighter’s angle. Sun: central heart, self identification. Mars: warrior, assertive/aggressive action taker. At this angle, that “chip on my shoulder” is validated and I use it as a weapon to stand up to injustice. Passion ignites and the creative use of inner fighter has poetic Pisces flare.
Moon still in it’s Full phase tonight, in Capricorn tonight with the south node in Sagittarius encouraging us to define our evolving philosophy of authority.
- Call in sacred space, call in the energy of sustainable Capricorn and all in your spirit guides to support you here.
- Imagine a circle of grandmothers around you, feel their supportive presence and honor their wisdom.
- Reflect in your journal… think of all the ways you have grown to view authority in your life. Who or what has taken on an authoritative role in your life? How has this evolved over the years. Think of the circle of grandmothers and grandfathers around you and what views they had of authority and how they passed this down to you. Who in your life do you view as authority? Who’s advice do you take and why?
- Bring awareness to where you are clearing old ideas of authority that are no longer in harmonious correspondence with you and see what you need to do to ritualize this clearing and releasing. Maybe burning paper you’ve written on or a ritual cleansing bath? Do what you need to do to feel like you have full let go of these old ideas.
- Step into your new philosophy of authority with wisdom of the past and clarity in the present. As the author of your own life, what role are you writing for yourself? Write the story of your life as it is right now from an empowered perspective.
- Conclude in gratitude.
I treat my dreams like a beloved who I am interested in getting to know. I’m curious about them, ask them questions, treat and talk about them as sacred. I learn to make myself trustworthy of their time and attention. I want to know what they love and make space for them to approach me. Keep this in mind tonight as you make space for dreams to come to you.
- Ask to receive a dream.
- Have your dream journal ready.
- In the morning, instead of asking what your dream means, ask, “What does this dream want?”
- Bring the most prominent dream symbol into your day time reality by writing about it or finding an object that represents it to place on your altar.
- Give thanks.
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s ovulation phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.