Kali day 10: Nila: Nitya of Contemplation
Om Nilayai Namaha
Sun: 26 Taurus
Moon: 19 Pisces, 304 degrees from Sun, Last Quarter Moon
Inner Moon: days 22-28, Luteal
The wise elder sensing the smell of ending and learning to gracefully let go and go home. Sense of longing. The bitter sweetness of knowing the necessity of ending and becoming acutely aware of death that permeates all of life. This phase relates with the autumnal equinox and Mabon. In tantra yoga, this is suryachara, ascending course of Sun with the out-breath moving upward from throat to soft palette. Relates with midday and the element is fire. In the hero’s journey, this is the phase is where we cross the return threshold. We feel freedom and courage to explore more of our humanity. In the menstrual cycle, this is luteal phase. Like the Luteal phase in inner Moon cycle, Balsamic Moon vibe is fierce, direct, got no time for BS. Get to the point. Be real. Show yourself. If pregnancy occurred, progesterone will remain high and increasing. If no pregnancy, it drops. We feel inflamed, irritated and things that need to change are made more than obvious and we have the energy to make necessary changes. Good time for moving or other big changes that require strength. If pregnancy occurred, progesterone will remain high and increasing. If no pregnancy, it drops. We feel inflamed, irritated and things that need to change are made more than obvious. Good time for moving or other big changes that require strength. Use foods that Use foods that are light, cooling, and inflammation reducing.
Moon in Pisces:
Moon in Pisces with Neptune at 90°relationship with Venus makes things challenging around idealized love, personal and collective values, financial dreams and visions for romance all challenged today. Through attending to the struggle, we find something or understand a new thing from another angle. So go into it, don’t avoid.
Astrology info to consider:
Pluto and Jupiter both retrograde (rx) in 120° angle with Taurus Sun bring some comfort and pleasure in the revealing of hidden secrets of Pluto and the miracles of Jupiter.
Venus rx at 90° with Moon and Neptune. Vesta nearby adds our connection to the sacred mundane, rituals, and the spiritual work we do with earth and our body. Pay attention to Neptune themes of possibility, infinite love, big dreaming…
Moon in Pisces relates with pineal gland and feet. Using a high quality oil on the crown of your head and soles of your feet is part of Ayurveda nightly routine to calm and take care of your energy. Brahmi oil is the most commonly used, but any organic natural oil is good. To do before bed:
- Use a dropper or trust yourself to pour a dime size amount of oil on the crown of your head. Massage it in.
- Clean your feet with natural soap and water.
- Generously massage your feet with oil.
- Put socks on for a while. Go to bed.
Moon in Pisces all day and night cuddling up with Neptune and squaring off with Venus and Vesta in Gemini. This Moon vibe is triggering deep feels around human love and Universal Love. Do you have a regular practice of tuning into Universal Love? Tonight in our ritual we will practice tuning into our own hearts and allow ourselves to feel what is here to be processed.
- Create sacred space somewhere that you will not be disturbed and where you feel safe and free to express yourself, call in the sensitivity of Pisces and call on your spirit guides to support you here.
- Sitting in a comfortable position, consciously breath your awareness into your body, allow your body to move fluidly in a way that feels good to you. Roll your neck, your spine, and your pelvis… synchronize your movements with your breath feeling energy moving in your body. Move your body in anyway that you feel called to. Emotion is energy in motion, allow your bodies movements to be an expression of this.
- When you feel complete with those movements, let yourself become still. Drop into observer awareness, observe your body breathing. Observe any thoughts that pass by, let them be passing thoughts just notice them as they go by. Stay present.
- Tune into your breath and imagine your heart as your lung, imagine breathing in and out of your heart. Tuned into your heart be open to feel what is here for you. You may feel soft and open in this space or you may feel tender and tense… all is valid and welcome. It is important to be honest with what is here for you. Feel it all. If you feel like crying, let the tears flow… if your feel like sighing, let it out loudly… if you feel like screaming, let loose… if you feel like laughing, let it happen!
- Now tune in even deeper to the heart with the heart, your core essence, Universal Love. Tune into this Universal love by recalling a time you felt love and gratitude deeply, or by recalling the love and gratitude you have towards your favorite place on earth, or the love you have for the moon and night sky. This Love that you feel towards nature itself is beginningless and endless, this is Universal Love. Sit with this feel as long as you wish.
- Continue in your journal reflecting on how you connect with Universal Love and what it feels like to you. How are you being challenged to grow in your human love relationships? How can your practice of tuning into Universal Love benefit your human love experiences?
- Conclude in gratitude.
Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that carries message from brain to body. Research this topic if you’re interested in brain chemistry, it’s fascinating. We want acetylcholine for memory, muscles, moods, REM sleep and things related to mental agility. Acetylcholine naturally breaks down and can’t be supplemented. There are certain foods that promote it’s production, release, and inhibition of it’s breaking down. Broccoli, fish, nuts, olive oil, and other foods high in choline help acetylcholine production. The supplement galantamine slows the breakdown of acetylcholine and is a common supplement for lucid dreaming. If you decide to use galantamine, use it right before sleep. Alternatively, you can put it on your nightstand, set an alarm clock for 3-4 hours earlier than when you normally wake up and take it then.
Watch this video about dreaming.
Menstruation cycle and Moon:
What phase of your inner Moon cycle are you in? What hormones are most prominent? How does this relate with outer Moon’s transition between proliferation and ovulation phase? Remember, your cycle and Moon cycle do not need to match. Read more about the correspondences here.